I am working on an entire library of tutorials (most with videos) that will show you how to do all kinds of things with your website…. from the basics of building it, to customizing it, to search engine optimizing it, and even to adding your own shopping cart.
It takes some time to create these, so if a link below isn’t clickable, it just means I’m still working on it. Thanks for your patience!
(Not sure that you need your own website? Read THIS.)
Website Building Basics.
These tutorials and videos will show you the very basics of starting and setting up a brand new WordPress website.
- 2 Days (or less) to your new website.
- Choosing & buying your domain name
- Setting up hosting
- Setting your nameservers
- Installing WordPress
- Setting Your Permalinks
- Your Site’s Title & Tagline
Getting To Know Your New Website & WordPress.
These videos will give you a walk-through of WordPress, and show you how to use and understand its pieces and parts. Designing your website will be so much easier once you have a good understanding of WordPress, and are comfortable getting around it.
- A quick tour
- What is the difference between posts & pages?
- Using categories & tags (the right way)
- Moderating comments & controlling spam
- Moderating users on your site
- How to write your posts & pages
Start Customizing Your Site.
In these videos, you’ll start adding some functionality to your new website and making it yours.
- Choosing & installing a theme
- Linking to your Etsy shop (+ understanding Menus & Widgets in WordPress)
- Adding images to pages & posts
- Adding a contact form
- Linking to your social media pages
- Adding social sharing to your pages & posts
- Creating a custom home page
- Create a product gallery
Simple Start Site Design – Using An Easy, Free Theme.
In these videos, I’ll show you how to use a simple & free theme to customize the look of your website, and I’ll show you how to use (and be comfortable with) your new theme.
Adding Your Own Shopping Cart.
Want to save a TON in Etsy fees? My Ecwid shopping cart costs me less per year, than just a few DAYS of December selling fees on Etsy. It also keeps my visitors on MY site (no more sending them off to Etsy distraction-ville.) I can’t recommend highly enough, that you use your own shopping cart, and these videos will show you how to set up Ecwid, my absolute favorite plugin.
Setting Up Your Email List.
- Step 1: Create something to give away to your visitors.
- Step 2: How to add a free offer to your website.
- Step 3: Set up an email list & opt-in form.
- Step 4: Add your opt-in form to your website.
Getting Your Site Found In The Search Engines.
SEO (search engine optimization) does not need to be difficult, and I don’t believe in bogging yourself down with all the crazy, technical stuff. These videos will give you just the SEO skills you need, and none that you don’t.
Scaling Your Profits….
- Should you sell your patterns or tutorials?
- Example Disclosures (for patterns or tutorials that you sell or give away).
How to Use Facebook Advertising…..
- Should you use Facebook advertising? (coming soon)
- Setting up a Facebook ad (coming soon)
- How to track conversions from your Facebook ads.
- How to track sales from your Facebook ad (coming soon)